Creating awareness and engaging the range of sectors, agencies, disciplines that contribute to health is essential to improved population health. Providing these stakeholders with skills, expertise, training, information, materials and increased confidence and leadership to engage with this agenda is an essential part of the IPH work programme
The Capacity Building Division’s work supports a greater awareness and understanding amongst government departments and other agencies of the determinants of health and health inequalities.
- Promote greater awareness amongst government departments and other agencies of the determinants of health and health inequalities.
- Train and support health agencies and stakeholders to engage with the social determinants of health and health inequalities agenda.
- Dissemination of information and knowledge on public health
- Host training/events/conferences
- Support for all island/UK organisations with a role in public health