IPH are supporting the Department of Health (RoI) in developing a Healthy Workplace Framework within the Healthy Ireland agenda (Action 1.6). A Healthy Workplaces Group was established in 2015 as a subgroup of the Healthy Ireland Cross-Sectoral Group and is co-chaired by the Department of Health and the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation.
The Healthy Workplaces Framework is intended to provide a supportive, flexible, evidence-based structure that can be applied across all workplaces in Ireland regardless of their sector or size. A consultation was opened on the 28th of March and is now closed.
The draft Framework reflects the ethos of the Healthy Ireland Framework and the National Corporate Social Responsibility Plan and has been informed by reviews of the international literature on healthy workplaces and relevant Irish policy and legislation.
- IPH produced a policy and legislative landscape paper which reviews current government policy and legislation impacting on workplace health across a range of sectors (in press)
- IPH produced a briefing paper which outlines the proposed goals, high level objectives, actions and indicators of the draft Healthy Workplaces Framework to inform the consultation process
- Support the development of the Healthy Workplaces Framework through leading on the design and implementation of a consultation process.
- Deliver four regional consultation workshops including support on organisation and facilitation as well as analysis of workshop responses.
- Lead on the analysis and reporting of a consultation process to support the development of the Healthy Workplaces Framework.
- Support the development of the Healthy Workplaces Framework by leading on the drafting and refinement of the final framework document in partnership with an editorial group.
- IPH will explore opportunities for North South knowledge exchange on the theme of Healthy Workplaces.
Contact Person: Dr Helen McAvoy