Prior to CHRODIS+, CHRODIS (2014-2017) focused on health promotion and primary prevention as well as diabetes and multi-morbid chronic conditions. One of the key deliverables was a ‘Platform for Knowledge Exchange’ IPH, along with partners from 26 European Member States, worked to identify, validate, exchange and disseminate good practice on chronic diseases.
IPH and the Health Service Executive represented Ireland in Work Package 5 of CHRODIS (2014-2017) and IPH concluded its involvement in this segment of CHRODIS in March 2017.
Now, IPH is working with our partner, the HSE, representing Ireland in CHRODIS+ from September 2017 to 2020. In CHRODIS+, 42 partners across 21 Member States will work collectively to alleviate the burden of chronic diseases. To perform this, the Joint Action will run 17 policy dialogues and implement 25 pilot projects focusing on the following areas: Health promotion & primary prevention, Integrated Multimorbidity care model, Fostering quality of care for people with chronic diseases, ICT based patient empowerment and Employment & chronic diseases.
IPHs involvement extends to running one of the policy dialogues with the theme “Tobacco control and inequalities” and working with the HSE to transfer an example of good practice in health promotion, the Active School Flag.
- IPH and HSE attended a school in Newbridge, Co. Kildare to see the Active School Flag in person, proving to be a very successful site visit.
- IPH travelled to Treviso, Italy in February to attend a meeting of Member State partners of CHRODIS+ for a workshop on implementation models.
- Host Italian, Lithuanian and Islandic partners to Ireland for an Active School Flag site visit and Work Package 5 meetings in May.
- Develop and facilitate a policy dialogue in May on the theme of tobacco control and inequalities and conclude Work Package 4 with a final report.
- Together with HSE, continue to assist in the transfer of good practice with the implementation of Active School Flag in partner states.