Health Impact Assessment Guidance
The Institute of Public Health in Ireland has up-dated its guidance document on HIA. The guidance provides a user friendly framework to guide people through the HIA process and tools to help carry out the steps in HIA.
- Health Impact Assessment Guidance (2009)
- Health Impact Assessment Guidance (2006)
- Health Impact Assessment - a practical guidance manual (2003)
Health Impact Assessment Evidence Reviews
In recognition that the main determinants of health are influenced by social, economic and environmental circumstances, the Institute has produced review documents in a number of areas. Each health impact document also provides a 'sources of information' list which links to organisations who have developed a wealth of information in the particular area.
- Active travel - healthy lives
- Developing a population approach to gambling: health issues
- Health Impacts of Education
- Health Impacts of the Built Environment
- Health Impacts of Transport
- Health Impacts of Employment
Health Impact Assessment Tools
The Institute of Public Health in Ireland has developed a series of HIA tools to support practitioners.